The Children’s Shelter, located at 107 Benson Drive in Walnut Ridge, NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Would you spare some time (minutes or hours) a day (any day) to present children with your attention?
The Children’s Shelter, located at 107 Benson Drive in Walnut Ridge is a temporary placement for 12 children who have been displaced from their home through no fault of their own.
These children can be as young as birth to 14 years old. Most of the children are from 5 to 12 years old. All these children need some special attention. You can help by FIRST filling out a Volunteer Application which shall include
- Must be at least 19 years old.
- Three positive personal references.
- Arkansas Criminal Record Check and Child Maltreatment Central Registry Check information as required by law.
- The application must be notarized for signature of the Arkansas State Criminal and Child Maltreatment Central Registry background checks.
- A fee of $22.00 is required for the background checks. Make check payable to “The Children’s Shelter”.
- Upon completing this application, you will need to attend one Volunteer Information Session which all sessions are held at the shelter. During the information session you will learn about the agency, volunteer opportunities and will be trained to work with the children who reside in the shelter.
- No application will be considered without the above requirements.
For information about volunteer applications, please call The Children’s Shelter at 870-886-5191 to inquire answers for any questions you may have.